Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's Rubbing Off...

One of the common phrases I learned in my classes is "I love you too much to argue about it."  This is supposed to keep me from arguing with the kids.  I have used this with moderate success for several weeks now.
Tonight at dinner, I was feeding the baby corn, and I wasn't paying close attention to the kids' conversation.  But I did notice that it was starting to turn into an argument.  Before I could do anything, N said something that got my immediate attention.  She turned to her older brother C and said, "I love you too much to argue about it."  I looked over at her right away, and she looked at me a bit sheepishly.  I was so enthusiastic!  "That's right, N.  Way to go!  You're going to make a great mom someday!"  I love that she is starting to use these techniques to eliminate arguing!!!!  And it's that much more entertaining to see her use them on her brothers!  It shocked C so much that the argument was over that instant!  Here's to more getting along...

1 comment: